The Women in Propane Council is open to women and men, and provides opportunities for all members of the propane industry to support the advancement and success of women in every scope of business operation and professional development.
2019 EVENTS SCHEDULE
Women in Propane at the 2019 NPGA Winter Board of Directors Meeting in Charleston, SC
Sunday, February 10, 2019
Council Meeting, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Monday, February 11, 2019
WIP No Host Luncheon, 11:45 am – 1:00 pm
The Palmetto Cafe
Women in Propane at the 2019 NPGA Expo in Atlanta, GA
Saturday, April 13, 2019
9:00 am- 2:30 pm: WIP Leadership Forum @ the Expo
Register for the WIP Leadership Forum
Sunday, April 14, 2019
3:30 pm- 5:00 pm: Roundtable Session | Operations and Sales on the Same Page
Presented by Paige O’Dell, VP of Operations at Amerigas
Sunday, April 14 2019
5:00 pm- 6:00 pm: Women in Propane Networking Reception
Women in Propane Council
The Women in Propane Council was established to provide positive opportunities for all members of our industry to support the advancement and success of women in every scope of business operation and professional development. The Council was founded in January 2012, and is governed by an Executive Board (Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Past Chair, and Founding Chair). Adopted by-laws define the organizational structure and opportunity for membership and involvement. Click here to view the Bylaws
Is the Women in Propane Council Right for You?
The Women in Propane Council provides all industry members the opportunity to advance their careers through professional development programs.
- Are you interested in improving your leadership skills?
- Are you in a position to promote someone with potential?
- Are you a man or woman who has the capacity to mentor someone who wants to develop skills and move ahead?
- Do you support the efforts of equal opportunity in our nationwide industry?
WIP DiSC Training
- Mentorship programs – confidentially connect with others in the industry to move your career forward
- Professional development via networking programs and webinars
- Learn how to recognize and encourage capable female workers with leadership potential
- Sensitivity training via webinar sessions designed to provide valuable information about working side-by-side with both genders for both internal and external customers (within the office workplace and in the field)
- Outreach programs to attract more women to our industry
- Education seminars defining the power of women/men leadership boards and their ability to govern more effectively and drive improved profits
The Women in Propane Council has two types of memberships. Membership in the Women in Propane Council is open to any individual (both female and male) or company that is a member of the NPGA. Membership in the Women in Propane Council runs on an annual basis through the NPGA fiscal calendar year ending in February.
Women in Propane 2018 Dues
Individual Member: $45
Corporate Membership (0-50 Enrolled Employees): $500
Corporate Membership (51-100 Enrolled Employees): $750
Corporate Membership (Over 100 Employees) : $2500
The Membership Committee oversees member benefits and recruitment. The Membership Committee coordinates with the council’s scheduled events to ensure that recruiting opportunities are successful at venues throughout the U.S. The committee welcomes new WIP members to the council.
Program & Events
The Programs & Events Committee is responsible for developing and coordinating programs, including events, that are held at industry meetings and training offered online. This includes an annual program, training session and networking event at the Southeastern Convention & International Propane Expo as well as other activities held at regional conventions, open houses, and NPGA Board of Director meetings. Live programs and events are held around the country. Digital recording of events brings them to all members.
Communications & Marketing
The Communications & Marketing Committee presents the Women in Propane Council to the industry at large. The committee’s communications are delivered digitally and in print. This group is responsible for placing WIP ads and articles in industry publications, promoting the Council to the industry, and working with the Membership and Program & Events Committees to promote their activities to current and future WIP members.
Click here to join a committee! We look forward to your involvement.
- DiSC on the Road
- WIP Council becomes National Chapter of WINLPG, July 2018
- Mentoring: The Key to Talent Management, (Butane Propane News), February 2018
- Sense of Adventure Led to Propane Career, profile on Jennifer Jackson (Butane Propane News), January 2018
- A Leader Who Says Yes to New Opportunities, profile on Megan Sharp (Butane Propane News), November 2017
- Learning from Leaders, feature article on mentorship (LPGas Magazine), November 2017
- Women in Propane Council News Archive
- November-December 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- June-July 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- 2017 Council Updates Archive
Council Meeting Agendas
Recent Council Meeting Minutes
- Annual Meeting Minutes: October 1, 2017, Minneapolis, MN
- Annual Meeting Minutes: October 2, 2016, Asheville, North Carolina
- Business meeting minutes: January 31, 2016, Savannah, Georgia
- 2018 Knowledge Exchange
- Council Leadership
- NPGA Overview (Given by Ray Murray at the 2015 WIP Winter Meeting)
- PERC Overview (Given by Paula Wilson at the 2014 WIP Business Meeting)
Want more information? Email email@example.com.