Membership Categories and Applications
There are four categories of NPGA membership: Marketers, Suppliers, International, and Retired.
Marketer members sell propane to customers. There are two types of marketers:
Intrastate – primarily located in one state
Interstate – 15+ retail locations with 7+ retail locations outside the headquarters state
Retail Propane Marketers must first contact their state propane association for NPGA membership and yearly dues information. Retail propane marketers must join both their state propane association and NPGA. Each state association’s dues structure is different. (New prospective members: Please do not send NPGA a dues check; you will be billed through your state association for NPGA dues.)
Interstate Marketers: Please email email@example.com for more information, or call the NPGA Member Services Department at 202-466-7200.
Suppliers offer goods and services to marketers.
- Appliance Manufacturer | Engaged in the manufacture, assembly, and marketing of appliances designed for the utilization of LP-gas, including manufacturers and assemblers of components becoming part of the device.
- Container Manufacturer | Engaged in the manufacture, assembly, and marketing of LP-gas containers (tanks or cylinders).
- Equipment Manufacturer | Engaged in the manufacture, assembly, and marketing of equipment designed for use with LP-gas, including manufacturers and assemblers of components becoming part of such equipment.
- Manufacturer’s Representative | Independent wholesale sales representative for one or more of the manufacturers described above who neither warehouses such products nor invoices for their sale.
- Producer/Wholesaler of LP-gas | Engaged in the production of liquid hydrocarbons or engaged in volume sales of such product for resale.
- Services Provider | Provide goods and services to the LP-gas industry and support the purposes of the Association. Includes business or consulting services, compliance & training, engineering, insurance carriers/underwriters, industry publications, signs/decals, tank coating/painting, technology solutions, and more.
- Transporter and/or Storer of LP-Gas | Engaged in the for-hire transportation of LP-gas with published tariffs on file with state or federal regulatory agencies, or engaged in the for-hire bulk storage of LP-gas.
- Vehicle Fabricator | Engaged in the fabrication of vehicles used in the distribution of LP-gas and its containers.
- Wholesale Distributor of Appliances, Containers, Equipment | Engaged in the wholesale marketing of appliances, equipment, and containers designed for use with LP-gas.
NOTE: Under NPGA’s Constitution and By-Laws, lawyers, law firms, and consultants who are primarily in business to provide expert testimony are not eligible for NPGA membership.
International members are manufacturing and non-manufacturing companies located outside of the United States, and U.S. companies engaged solely in international commerce that do not conduct business with any consumer or company in the U.S. (All international companies conducting business in the United States must apply for Supplier membership.)
An Individual Member is any person employed by an active member company or a qualified retired member of NPGA.
If you have any questions or need additional information regarding membership, please contact the NPGA Member Services Department at 202-466-7200.