Preparing for Propane Days
NPGA is excited to announce Propane Days 2023 on June 4-7 in Washington, DC. The Capitol and Congressional offices are once again open to the public! This year marks a return to the traditional advocacy day programming, including a federal legislative breakfast and briefing on the association’s top priorities and best practices for Congressional meetings, in-person meetings on Capitol Hill, and a Congressional Reception.
To prepare for Propane Days, NPGA’s Legislative Affairs team will host a webinar on May 23rd at 2:00 PM ET to review best practices for conducting a meeting and discuss our industry’s top federal legislative priorities. This year our advocacy efforts will focus on:
- Fighting back against recent government actions to limit consumer choice for energy sources and household appliances, such as stoves, furnaces, and water heaters
- Promoting propane storage in rural areas by reducing burdens on propane marketers associated with the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) and providing agriculture producers with low-interest loans for additional propane tanks in the upcoming Farm Bill reauthorization
- Urging Congress to continue to make propane eligible for grants and funding at airports for vehicles and resiliency applications through the Federal Aviation Administration reauthorization
- Requesting Department of Energy funding for research and development of renewable propane, propane vehicles, microgrids, and combined heat and power in this year’s appropriations bill
- Advocating for the Department of Defense to adopt propane-powered backup- and primary-power generation and to initiate a pilot program to adopt propane vehicles at non-combat military facilities in this year’s National Defense Authorization Act
We are very excited to have you join us in Washington, DC and hope to see you at our upcoming webinar. If you have any questions, contact Kate Singleton, NPGA’s Manager of Political and Legislative Affairs, at [email protected]. Click here to register for the best practices webinar.
Remember to register for Propane Days and the summer Board of Directors meeting by Friday, May 19 and reserve your hotel accommodations, too! The Renaissance Downtown DC is offering participants a group rate of $299 single/double occupancy, plus tax. The NPGA block rate will be available until Friday, May 12 or until the block is sold out. Reserve online or call 800 228-9290 and request the National Propane Gas Association rate.
NPGA Coalition Causes Washington Electrification Mandate Delay
May 25, 2023
The Washington State Building Code Council voted yesterday to delay the statewide mandate for electric heat pumps in new buildings, due in large pa...
Montana Protects Energy Choice
May 24, 2023
Earlier this month, Montana became the 24th state to enact state-level protections for energy freedom and consumer choice. Senate Bill 208, which w...
NERC Reports Lack of Grid Reliability
May 24, 2023
The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) recently released its 2023 Summer Reliability Assessment. Within the assessment lies a d...